Vladivostok: Russian President Vladimir Putin and India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi met on the quay of the Far Eastern Federal University on Russky Island, where the Eastern Economic Forum is being held here today. After that, they boarded the corvette Uragan to travel from Ajax Bay to the Zvezda Shipyard in Bolshoi Kamen.
During their visit to the Zvezda Shipyard, the Russian President and the Prime Minister of India learned about the shipyard’s modernisation and the construction of a dry dock for repairing vessels of any size. They also inspected models of ships and a steerable thruster mounted on a special platform.
Russian-Indian talks attended by the two countries’ delegations were later held at Far Eastern Federal University. Following the consultations, Vladimir Putin and Narendra Modi adopted a joint statement titled Through Trust and Partnership to New Heights in Cooperation and witnessed the exchange of the documents signed by their delegations.
These documents include a strategy for the enhancement of Russian-Indian trade, economic and investment cooperation and intergovernmental agreements on the joint production of spare parts and other items for Russian (Soviet) weapons and military equipment, as well as on cooperation in audiovisual co-production.
The other documents signed today cover expansion of cooperation in the oil and gas sector, road transport and infrastructure; the development of maritime communications between Vladivostok and Chennai; investment cooperation, including in the implementation of coking coal mining projects in the Russian Far East, the joint development of downstream LNG business and LNG supplies, as well as cooperation in combating customs violations.
List of Documents signed between India and Russia today:
1. Joint Statement “Reaching New Heights of Cooperation through Trust and Partnership”.
2. Joint Strategy for the Enhancement of India- Russia Trade and Investments.
3. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the Russian Federation and on the cooperation in the production of spare parts for Russian/Soviet military equipment.
4. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Russian Federation on Cooperation in Audiovisual Co-production.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on bilateral cooperation in the road transport and road industry.
6. Memorandum of Intent between the Ministry of Shipping of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on the Development of Maritime Communications between the Port of Chennai, Republic of India and the Port of Vladivostok, Russian Federation.
7. Plan for cooperation between the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, Ministry of Finance, Republic of India and the Federal Customs Service (Russian Federation), for combating customs violations in 2019-2022.
8. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Republic of India on the use of Natural Gas for Transportation.
9. Program between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation on expansion of cooperation in oil and gas sector.
10. Memorandum of Understanding between Coal India Limited and Far East Investment and Export Agency to cooperate in coking coal mining projects implementation in the Russian Far East.
11. Cooperation Agreement between Invest India and the Russian Direct Investment Fund for Investment Collaboration.
12. Cooperation agreement between the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry the Roscongress Foundation.
13. Memorandum of Understanding between the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the Autonomous Non-profit Organization Agency for Strategic Initiatives to promote New Projects.
14. Memorandum of understanding between the Joint Stock Company NOVATEK and PETRONET LNG Limited on cooperation with respect to the joint development of downstream LNG Business and LNG supplies.
15. Agreement on Cooperation between Joint-Stock Company Rosgeologia and Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited;
The President of Russia and the Prime Minister of India also made statements for the press. Watch the press statements here below: